I know that it is August. August is hot. We have had too many hot days in a row. I am tired of the heat. And....guess what? School is ready to start soon. School and hot weather do not go together.
Have you ever noticed that everyone always talks about the weather? The weather is either too cold, too hot, too wet, no rain, too windy, no sun. You get the point. No matter what the weather is on this planet, there is some person complaining about the weather. Are we never satisfied?
Growing up I have memories of my dad whenever he would talk to me on the phone would ask about the weather. After saying "Hello", his next question would be "How's the weather?" You would describe your weather and then listen to his answer. My big brother does the same thing. And I notice how often I ask my own children about the weather.
Why do we ask about the weather?
My theory is because it is easy to describe the weather....'it's been 102 for three days". And it is easy to respond..."The snow won't last forever."
I am going to work on not asking about the weather. And to celebrate that there is change in the weather either day to day, or season to season.
Let's face it...I am a California native and I am spoiled by the weather.
Oh...where is that fog that gently rolls over the Berkeley hills into the Diablo Valley and cools us off?

No comments:
Post a Comment