Friday, August 10, 2012

the Surprises of Networking

Today I made a new friend.  Janae is great and one of those positive, can do people you need in your life.

How did I meet her?  Well I was at a nearby cafe, Heavenly Cafe (Don't you love the name!) with two friends enjoying conversation and good coffee.  At the table near us there were about ten women gathered around.  Their conversation was loud, animated, and very energetic.  I was trying to eavesdrop to find out their purpose for meeting.  Well....I finally just had to ask.

"We are Professional Organizers.  This is our monthly meeting to exchange ideas, network, and help each other."

I pulled out a business card and asked if she had one.  We exchanged business cards.  By that afternoon, Janae had emailed me about getting together.  Mind you...she has no idea what I do.  And all I know about her is that she is an professional organizer.

We met at the same place - mostly because it is within walking distance for me.  (I actually enjoy having days when I never get into a car.)  I asked her to tell me her story.

As I was listening to her story, I was thankful that our paths had crossed.  She is passionate about cleaning and organizing which has led her to develop and build her own business.  Janae has clear goals, a vision statement, a mantra she recites, and lives life with positive intention.  I need her love of living life embracing my transitioning life.  Positive influences in our lives are very important.

So... meet Janae, my new friend.  Check out her web site and blog on organization philosophy!

www.organizedphilosophy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment