Thursday, August 23, 2012

A pile of books

My current "Books to Read" pile

I have a large pile of books next to my bed.  These are the books that I want to read..the ones that I found interesting...the ones that I have checked out from the library...the ones that I've started but haven't yet finished.


Did you notice the wide range of subjects?  I have books about social media and blogging.  A biography of Margaret Thatcher because reading about people's lives is always fascinating.  I have books about changing your life - What Color is Your Parachute, Visioning, This Year I Will.  And then I have a fun book about traveling in Europe.  Doesn't hurt to dream about traveling and exploring? 


When I was little girl, books were my favorite.  Every summer I would sign up for the Summer Reading Program.  And by the 4th or 5th week of summer, I had read the required number of books.  I read the Bobby Twins, Little House on the Prairie, Stuart Little, and others. 


Reading expanded my horizons, gave me dreams to dream, taught me how to think, and provided information.  

Books still provide me with escape from the present, information, food in the form of ideas for thought, answers to problems, and the courage to take the next step.  

I love books!







No comments:

Post a Comment