Fridays are the end of the work week if you happen to have a regular schedule of Monday to Friday. And somehow the weekend is to be different from the previous five days. And then there are weeks when the days just seem to flow together and there is no break. Not taking a break is hard. Everyone needs to be refreshed in some small way.
I take a "technology break" on Sundays. At least I noticed the difference when I didn't check email prior to work on Monday morning. There really wasn't anything I could do except to worry. And that just resulted in a restless night of non-sleeping! I do believe that being "unplugged" for 24 hours is a positive for me.
My Friday routine for July - the beginning of vacation and transition - has been to meet with a support group in the morning at 6:30. The conversation is varied - changes in our lives, challenges we are facing, sharing an idea, and checking in. Currently we are reading a book and spend about ten minutes talking about application of the business concepts to our lives. I find this support group to be helpful in following through with commitments for making changes.
Fridays also include doing some house chores so that the weekend is free to just be spontaneous.
And then there is time devoted to exercise. I'm committed to walking every day. I do prefer to walk first thing in the morning. Friday is a bit of a challenge. But Friday night date night at the gym is a great activity as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment