Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bridging the Digital Gap....

Change is constant.  I have heard that phrase.  I have said that phrase.  And yes, I would agree that change is constant.

In today's world, the pace at which technology changes is difficult to keep up even for my "technology geeky" friends.  What if you were never connected to the technology world?  Using an ipad by a child seems to come natural to them.  But watch the grandmother...especially one that never quite gave up the phone where you actually dialed the number until she had to.  What a learning curve!

I love this video via the BBC about students who are learning best ways to teach senior citizens how to use technology so that they can communicate with grandchildren and the world.  These students first participate in various activities designed to help them understand the challenges faced by the seniors.  And then they open up the world wide web for these seniors so that they may be connected.

So...how are we helping to bridge the digital gap?


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18733657

No comments:

Post a Comment