November - A month of counting my blessings.....
Obviously I have not been present on this blog. Life has been busy with many, many changes. Life is a roller coaster ride - especially for me.
Today is the first day of November. It is "All Saints Day". A day that no one really knows the significance. It comes after All Hallowed Eve's Day. For me I go immediately to images of Martin Luther, document nailed to the door, and the tune and words of "A Mighty Fortress is My God."
We are fast approaching the "joyous" holiday season of Thanksgiving and Christmas along with a change in weather. I am not fond of the holiday season. It seems to be just a time of spending money, reminding me of the many changes in my life, and of family spread afar. We are surrounded by images of friends and family together laughing and having fun, presents, trips, food, consumption of material goods. All seemingly without any concern of the cost in obtaining these items.
I just read that November and December are when depression rises. I can truly agree with that statement. The weather is turning colder. The days are shorter. There is less sunshine. One can focus on depressing thoughts, feelings of being alone. I could continue on with my list. So instead of going down that path......I will......
Today I will start to write again with the goal of counting my blessings for the month of November. I am participating in the challenge of documenting three blessings a day for the month of November. I think I can commit to 30 days of sharing 3 things I am thankful to have in my life.
November Blessings:
1. Kyle - he cooked dinner tonight and it was delicious.
2. My husband Ken who drove into San Francisco and checked out the route that I need to drive tomorrow to AT&T Park.
3. Moon - This morning it was beautiful with just a sliver of light showing against the morning sky at 6 am.
No comments:
Post a Comment