Sunday, November 3, 2013

Science Festival, AT&T Park, Saturday journeys

Saturdays....

At one time in my life, Saturdays brought a morning of sleeping late with out the alarm.
Later Saturdays were up early, go to soccer games, cross country meets, wrestling events, track meets, going to grad school, writing a paper, working on a project.  The day was packed full of being with family, helping the kids, grocery shopping, cleaning house, doing laundry.

My life has certainly changed over the years.  Saturdays do not have a regular pattern right now.  I'm balancing working at the museum on Saturday events, teaching a tech class on some Saturdays, and an occasional Saturday that is just for me.

So today...I stepped out of my comfort zone.

I drove the Lindsay Wildlife Museum van to AT&T Park loaded with two wonderful docents and several specimens.  We participated in a huge science festival - the Bay Area Science Festival.  From 11 to 4, we spoke to kids and adults about living with wildlife.  And then we packed it up and drove home.  A long day....a lot of people...out of my comfort zone...learning new skills.


November Blessings....
#4 - Job - I am thankful for a new job that is expanding my skill set.

#5 - Learning - I am thankful that I enjoy learning and that I have the opportunity to provide opportunities for others to learn.

#6 - Bay Area - This is a unique and beautiful to live.  The new Bay Bridge is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment